Wednesday 16 July 2008

touch people on the beach for money

On a recent visit to a local beach, I was interested watching the numerous traders peddling their wares up and down the beachfront: food , inflatables, kites etc. etc. But one idea which caught my eye was a rather scary looking lady offering a massage whilst you sunbathed, and surprisingly despite her butch and unfortunate looks she was being very successful.

Obviously some degree of skill is invloved, and I would fully recommend attending a course of some kind. There are numerous available from your local college offering all types of alternative therapy and massage: swedish, thai, shiatsu. indian-head etc etc. I would suggest that performing massage on strangers with no training is at best dubious and at worst dangerous. So get yourself taught first then get yourself on the beach.

By doing it there you have a captive audience, no need for premises and have readily available massage tables. Well the sand anyway. In the interest of this blog I questioned the 'lady' on the beach and she was charging £15 for a 10 minute session. Whilst I thought this was reasonable, her moustache put me off so I made my excuses and left.

No comments: