Thursday 8 May 2008

write for money

We all have ideas, we all have opinions, we all have knowledge. And if we don't we can always search round google until we know the answer!

Helium is a fantastic site that I have been using myself for just over a month. Basically, there are 2 main elements. You can enter writing competitions for money, or hire yourself out as a freelance writer (as I have done). If you click on the 'Marketplace' link, it takes you to clients wishing to purchase articles about certain subjects. Typically they only require around 500 words so it doesn't take too long. You submit your article, and if they choose to use it, you get paid via Paypal. Its that easy. So far I've been paid for writing about newts (which I knew about), pavlova (which I didn't) and foot hygiene (well I wash my feet so I considered myself an expert).

Its brought it $70 (£35) so not bad for around 2 hours work. Of course your work might be rejected, but I think its worth having a go if your the writing type.

I have heard that writers:share do a similar scheme, paying for your opinions on certain subjects, although I have also heard that there have been some hiccups with payments. I have not used this site myself.

1 comment:

xtraordinary blogger said...

Nice blog of how to get money... Hmmm, but in reality it seem hard 2 get money. But i m interesting about essay writing that you are talking about. I also like to try i to have money by writing... Btw feel free to browse my blog at http://xtraordinaryblog.blogspot.com