Tuesday 13 May 2008

be part of the democratic process for money

This is an excellent scheme which I have done over the past couple of years. All elections, local or national require poll clerks, to sit in the polling stations all day and check that the people who come in to vote are who they say they are and not some crazed person trying to topple the general fabric of our society.

Pay is generally good, this year my local council paid £90 for the day. Of course work is intermittent, but you know well in advance when the elections are going to be so if you have nothing better to do then why not? I took a whole load of work to do with me whilst I was sitting there, so I in effect got paid twice for the day.

It depends on the council, a but is usually open to anyone aged between 18-70. I applied in writing on spec., however sometimes councils do advertise in local press or in their newsletters.


No comments: